Panasonic & Green Screen Workshop Reflection

 


Panasonic & Green Screen Workshop:

In our Panasonic & Green Screen Workshops we had the chance to really get to terms with some new equipment. In the Panasonic camera workshop, we got taught the basics, where which button was, how the menu works and some important formatting tips. We spent the majority of the workshop setting the camera up before taking it out to test shoot as this is more complicated than any camera we’ve used before. We shot a brief test intro for our news show we have been devising, U2D News. The footage we shot came out well however we shot in front of a predominantly white background which messed with the white balance and lighting. However, we will not be using a background like this when it comes to our final project.

The next day we worked on our Green Screen skills, we spent a lot of time setting up and making sure our lighting bounced well off the model, who was also me. We faced a challenge of setting up the lights in a way that didn’t reflect in my glasses, we tried putting the lights in a lot of positions, but we eventually realised the best option was to put one behind me and one just above my head pointing down, that way I remain well-lit but have no sign of light reflection in my glasses.

When it comes to my edit, I had to use premiere pro to complete my green screen task as I personally had some problems with the functionality of my version of adobe after effects. However, I made do with premiere pro and managed to complete a video edit of the green screen task. The edit came out good, I applied relevant b-roll to the background of what was being said in the video as we used a script from our previous unit written by a member of our group. The script focused on the right to protest being revoked, so b-roll featuring protestors was used. I faced one issue though, I used the effect on premiere, Ultra-Key, when using this effect, you must select the area you are going to key out with a pipette tool. It just so happened that part of the green screen reflected onto my neck and therefore part of my neck became see through.

The issue is only noticeable in some shots, but I looked into the issue to stop it in future instances. It turned out this issue is called spill and the spill in question, was the reflective green spill on my neck. Through this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gntl-ho-QVw I learnt tricks that can prevent this from happening in future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Content Research

Analysis of concept and content of "The Crystal Maze"